Its a hot hot weather here and we are desperately waiting for the monsoons to arrive. Monsoon is my favourite season. The pattering sound of the rainfall, the moist smell of the mud, lightening in the sky just gives a happy swing to my mood.
We really do not care much about what we wear in monsoons. Its just like we wear what we feel like wearing that particular day. But we must think about proper dressing in monsoon which not only makes us feel comfortable but also makes us look stylish. So here are some tips you need to get a comfy-yet-stylish look this monsoon :
- Materials = Avoid wearing materials that stick to your skin like linen or wool and go for materials like cotton, lycra, polyester or nylon which can dry easily.
- Dark coloured fabrics = Wear dark coloured fabrics because light coloured fabrics may get stained due to the mud or rain water.
- Short / Three-Fourth Skirts and Pants = Say goodbye to long skirts and pants and wear short or three-fourths pants and skirts. It will not only look stylish but will also prevent your clothes from getting dirty in the rain.
- Experiment with Jackets = You can wear different kinds of colorful, printed or denim jackets and shrugs to complement your look. Monsoons are not too hot so you can wear jackets without feeling humid or warm. Avoid leather jackets as they get damaged by water.
- Go Desi = Instead of wearing heavy brocade and designer sarees, opt for hand woven khadi sarees. Khadi is not only comfortable and easy to dry in monsoon but it will also give that ‘desi-twist’ to your look.
- Cotton Kurtis = Cotton kurtis never go boring on dark leggings or printed leggings. They make you feel comfortable, light, cool and is a good option for ladies who wear indian outfit on daily basis.
- Gum Boots or Plastic Flip-Flops = Must have in your monsoon dressing list are gum boots or plastic flip-flops . Pack your leather shoes, sneaker, stilettos or cloth footwear as they may definitely get spoilt in the monsoon. Colourful gum boots and flip-flops are just so inn these days to give you a trendy look.
- Raincoats / Umbrellas = The entire streets are filled with stalls selling raincoats and umbrellas. Buy some colorful raincoats and umbrellas instead of those boring black ones and splash some colour in your monsoon fashion.
- Free Flowing Outfits = Wear lovely, free-flowing dresses or kaftans that do not hug your body giving you a cool and humidity-free feel. But the lenght of the dress should not be more orelse again there are chances of them getting muddy.
- Accessories = Accessorize your outfit with funky earrings, bracelets, neckpieces, scarves, bags, sunglasses, hair clips to give that extra funk in your dressing.
- Water-proof Make-Up = Apply water proof make-up to accentuate your features and also apply nail polishes that matches your outfit.
So people, have a trendy yet comfortable monsoon, enjoy every bit of the monsoon season and yes do not forget to eat ‘ yummy bhajiyas‘ with ‘garma garam chai‘.