Vegetarian Sushi Recipe……
Hello guyz 😀
Sushi is a food that was originated in Japan which includes nori sheets (dried seaweed) and cooked rice along with the ingredients of choice.
We had always seen sushi which was non-vegetarian but now its time for vegetarians as well to enjoy the sushi.
We are here to give you a recipe of vegetarian Sushi and we are hoping that you will like it.
- Short-grain Japanese Rice = 3 cups
Japanese Choice Uncooked Sushi Rice, 1Kg (buy online on Amazon)
- Rice Vinegar = 1/2 cup
- Sugar = 3 tablespoon
- Salt = as per taste
- Nori Sheets = 10
Yoka Sushi Seaweed Sheets (Nori), 10sheets (buy online on Amazon)
- Sesame Seeds = For Sprinkling
- Cucumber = 1 shredded
- Avocado = 1 sliced
- Tomato = 1 chopped
- Onion = 1 shredded
- Asparagus = 20 spears – trimmed and blenched
- Cabbage = 1 cup shredded
- Carrot = 1 cup shredded
- Green Bell Pepper = 1 chopped
- Water = 1 cup
- Lemon Juice = 1/2 cup
- Wasabi Sauce / Soya Sauce / Pickled Ginger = as required during serving
Japanese Choice Wasabi Paste, 43g (buy online on Amazon)
Mothers Recipe Pickle – Andhra Ginger, 200g Pouch (buy online on Amazon)
- Place the rice in a microwave-safe bowl. Add a few drops of water and microwave on high until the rice is warm and softened for say about 30 seconds. Set the rice aside to cool.
- Mix vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and transfer them into a large bowl.
- Pour the vinegar, sugar and salt mixture into the rice and stir well.
- Place a bamboo sushi mat on your work surface with the bamboo strips facing you horizontally.
- Place the nori sheet horizontally with its shiny side downwards on the mat.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of cooled rice in your hand and spread it evenly over the nori sheet, leaving the top 1/4th of the nori sheet uncovered.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the rice.
- Top it up with the avocados, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, asparagus, bell peppers, cabbage and carrot and sprinkle some lemon juice as well.
- Starting at the edge closest to you, lift the mat, nori sheet and rice over the filling to seal it inside and roll up the sushi.
- Slightly moisten the outer edge of the nori sheets with the vinegar-salt-sugar mixture to seal the rolled sushi.
- Dip a sharp knife in water and slice the suhi roll into 6 to 8 pieces.
- Put the cut pieces into an air-tight container and sprinkle some sesame seeds on it.
- Cover the lid of the container and refrigerate it until the time of serving.
- Follow the enitre process for the remaining nori sheets.
- Serve cold with wasabi sauce, soya sauce or pickled ginger.
So guyz hurry up and try preparing this dish as soon as possible and indulge yourself into some Japanese cuisine.
Keep eating. Keep smiling. 😀