Backache Prevention & Treatment……
Hello friends 😀
Backache can be very serious if not treated and taken care of properly. Lets look at the prevention methods and treatment for backache below :-
- Avoid any sudden strain and exercise regularly to loosen up the back and strengthen its supporting abdominal muscles.
- If you sit for long periods, make sure your back is properly supported. Place a small roll in the arch of your lower spine to maintain its normal S-curve.
- When lifting something, never bend down from the waist. always lower and raise yourself at the knees. Keep your back straight and hold the object close to your body.
- Balance items you carry evenly on both sides of your body and hold them close or use a knapsack.
- Sleep on your back if possible, with knees raised on a pillow. If you sleep on your side, a pillow between the knees will be of big help.
- If you need a firm bed, place a bed-board between the mattress and the box spring.
Dr Morepen Orthopaedic Heat Pad (HB-01) (buy online on Amazon)
- Limit activity or stay in bed for 48 hours.
- Depending on which works better for you, apply either heat or a cold pack for 15 minutes at a time every couple of hours over a period of 2 days.
- Taking aspirin or ibuprofen will help to combat both the pain and inflammation.
- To minimize chronic minor back pain, tip your pelvis back, then forward, until you find the position of least pain, then maintain it.
Stay healthy. Stay happy. 😀