Exercising on the Go……
Hello friends 😀
Exercising is the key to a happy and healthy life. We often do not get time to exercise regularly due to our hectic work schedules or other such day to day duties. But you can exercise whenever and wherever you can.
Read below some ‘exercising on the go’ tips :-
- Whenever possible, walk, jog or cycle to work. (you can carry your office shoes and clothes in a small backpack and then change once you reach your office).
- If you rare travelling through bus or train, get off atleast 2kms before your stop and walk the rest of the distance.
- Use stairs instead of using lift or escalator.
- Walk a mile before having your lunch.
Skechers Men’s Navy Blue Mesh Nordic Walking Shoes – 9 UK/India (43 EU) (10 US) (buy online on Amazon).
While Watching TV
- Ride an exercise bike.
- Bounce on a mini-trampoline.
- Skip with a rope.
- Run in place.
While on the Phone
- Use wrist and ankle weights to do leg lifts and arm raises.
While doing Housework
- Warm up with a light activity such as dusting or washing dishes, then proceed to vigorous vacuuming, sweeping or floor polishing for 20 to 30 minutes.
- To pick up light items from the floor, stand with your feet apart, arms at your sides. Bend slowly from the waist until you reach the floor. Count to 10 before straightening slowly.
- To dust a high shelf, stand with your feet apart and hold the duster in both hands, bending from side to side to wield it.
While at Your Work Desk
- While reading, put your foot through the handle of your handbag or briefcase, lift until your leg is horizontal. Repeat 10 times without touching he floor alternately with both the legs.
- While sitting, lean slightly forward, grip the sides of your chair and raise your knees alternately to your chest.
Stay healthy. Stay fit. Stay happy. 😀