Foot Problems & Solutions……
Hello people 😀
New Age Lifestyle will discuss some solutions regarding the several foot problems today as below :-
- Wash your feet every day and dry them carefully between the toes. Do not use the same towel for other parts of your body and do not share it with other members of the family.
- Change your socks and shoes everyday, especially if you have sweaty feet. Wear socks made from natural fibres, to allow your feet to breathe, and wear sandals as much as possible.
- Apply an anti-fungal powder or cream between your toes and on reddish, scaly areas of your feet twice a day for a month. Also sprinkle some anti-fungal powder on your socks and shoes as well everyday before wearing them.
- To prevent a recurrence, wear rubber or wooden sandals in public showers and changing rooms; keep your feet dry and clean; dust the inside of your shoes with anti-fungal powder and change your socks twice a day.
- If a blister is caused by wearing a particular pair of shoes, avoid wearing them until the skin has healed. Break in new shoes gradually with short periods of wear.
- Leave blisters alone to break spontaneously. If they break, expose them to the air as much as possible to dry out, except if there is danger of dirt getting on to them. In such cases, they should be plastered or bandaged.
- Stop wearing badly fitting shoes and wear only lose-fitting ones.
- Bathe your feet daily for 20 minutes in ht water with a tablespoon of salt dissolved in it. Or raise your feet an apply an ice pack, for 10 minutes. Or run cold water on yur feet for 2 minutes, until the pain and swelling dissipates.
- Protect your bunions with felt pads, available from a chemist.
Calluses & Corns
- Use a pumice stone to smooth off calluses immediately after bathing. Calluses are caused by badly fitting shoes and almost always disappear when well fitted shoes are worn.
- Do not cut corns away. Instead, rub them with an emery board or a pumice stone. Or bathe your feet in hot water solution of salt.
- Cover a stubborn corn with a 20 or 40 percent salicylic acid plaster. After 4 or 5 days, soak the foot in water and check to see if the corn has dissolved enough to lift off or scrape away. Repeat the treatment if necessary.
- If you are diabetic or elderly, take professional help in treating calluses and corns. Do not try it on your own.
- Insert a piece of gauze soaked in surgical spirit under the corners of the nail, twice a day. Repeat daily until the ingrown toenail has healed. Consult a chiropodist or your doctor if it is not healing.
- Cut a v-shaped nick in the centre of the nail’s top edge to reduce the pressure on the sides of the nail.
- To prevent ingrowing toenails, wear properly fitting shoes and cut or file toenails straight across rather then shaping them in a curve.
- Massage sore feet by rolling a tennis ball along the soles. Or knead the feet, pulling each toe for 10 seconds, and run the knuckles of a fist along the midsoles.
- Soak weary feet in a basin of hot water to which you have added 2 tablespoons of salt. Or you can also rub with ice cubes, towel-dry and splash with cologne. Keep them raised whenever possible.
Scholl Foot and Nail Cream, 75gm (buy online on Amazon)
Healthy you is Happy you. 😀