Kashmiri Dum Aaloo Recipe……
Hello foodies 😀
New Age Lifestyle is here once again with a delicious recipe. This time of Kashmiri Dum Aaloo.
Note down the recipe quickly as given below :-
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5
- Baby Potatoes = 20
- Ginger Garlic Pate = 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds = 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf = 1
- Cardamoms = 2
- Black Pepper = 5
- Cloves = 3
- Cinnamon Stick = 1 inch
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder = 3 tsp
- Kasuri Methi = 2 tsp
- Tomatoes Chopped = 4
- Onions Chopped = 3
- Cashews = 8
- Turmeric Powder = 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder = 2tsp
- Oil = as per requirement
- Water = as per requirement
- Salt = as per taste
- Yogurt Freshly Beaten = 6 tbsp
Everest Masala, Garam, 100g Carton (buy online on Amazon)
- Rinse the potatoes properly with tap water to clean all the mud from it and in a oan cook the potatoes in 4 cups of water until the water boils and the potatoes become little soft.
- Let the potatoes coll and once they cool down, peel off the skin from all the potatoes.
- Poke holes in all the potatoes with a fork. Keep the potatoes whole.
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown.
- Keep the fried potatoes on a tissue paper to remove excess oil from the potatoes.
- Remove the extra oil from the pan in which you boiled the potatoes and in the remaining oil, add cumin seeds, cardamoms, blac pepper, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon. Let the cumin seeds crackle.
- Add the garlic-ginger paste. red chilli powder and beaten yogurt.Stir well.
- Grind the tomatoes, onions and cashews in a fine paste in a mixer grinder and add the paste to the pan in which you have added the spices and beaten yogurt. Mix well.
- Add potatoes to the gravy along with some water to get a proper consistency of the gravy.
- Add kasuri methi, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and let the potatoes cook in the gravy for 15 minutes with the lid of the pan covered.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve the kashmiri dum aaloo hot with tandoori roti or naan and some jeera rice.
Enjoy the delicious kashmiri dum aaloo.
Keep eating. Keep enjoying. 😀