Digestive Biscuit Recipe……
- 150g Plain Flour
- 200g Wholemeal Flour
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 45g Chilled Butter
- 60g White Vegetable Fat
- 2tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Black Treacle
- 60ml Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the plain and wholemeal flours, sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Rub the butter and white fat into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, black treacle, water and vanilla essence. Sprinkle this mixture slowly over the dry ingredients, then toss the two together with a fork until well blended.
- Form the dough into a ball, cover with plastic film and chill for several hours.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degree Celcius. Cut the dough in half and let it sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Lightly sprinkle a piece of greaseproof paper with wholemeal flour. Put a piece of the dough on top and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the dough with more flour and cover with another sheet of greaseproof paper. Roll out to 3mm thick.
- Peel off the top piece of greaseproof paper, then use a fork to prick the dough at 25mm intervals.
- Cut either into 60mm squares or rounds with a plain round cutter.
- With a spatula, transfer to a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the remaining piece of dough, then roll out and cut up the scraps.
- Bake the biscuit in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- Store for atleast 24 hours before serving.
These biscuits will keep for upto 1 month in an airtight container at room temperature, or for 6 month tightly covered in the freezer.
Keep eating. Keep enjoying. 😀