Vegetarian Christmas Pudding Recipe……
Hello people 😀
Just 2 days to go for Christmas and New Age Lifestyle is here with a yummy recipe of christmas pudding which is eggless, suetless and alcohol-free.
- Stoned Raisins Chopped – 450g
- Mixed Peel Chopped – 60g
- Blenched Almonds Chopped – 60g
- Currants – 225g
- Sultanas – 225g
- Self-raising Flour – 115g
- Ground Nutmeg – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Mixed Spice – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Ground Almonds – 60g
- Fresh White Breadcrumbs – 225g
- Soft Brown Sugar – 115g
- Milk – 225ml
- Cocoa Powder – 4 tbsp
- Sliced Cherries – 1 cup
- Butter – For Greasing
- Mix together the fruits, chopped almonds, flour, spices, salt and ground almonds ina large bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cocoa powder and brown sugar.
- Stir in the milk to make a soft, dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into two large, well-buttered pudding basins.
- Cover each with a double layer of buttered greaseproof paper.
- Place the basins in a saucepan of water (the water should cover two-thirds of the way up the basins’ sides) and boil for 6 hours, topping up the water as required.
- Remove the puddings, leave them to cool, and then cover them with fresh greaseproof paper and pieces of cloth.
- Store in an airtight place until needed.
- Boil the pudding for a further 4 hours before eating.
- Decorate the pudding by topping it up with sliced cherries.
Wish u all a Merry Christmas. 😀