Vegetarian Paella Recipe……
Hello friends 😀
New Age Lifestyle is here to give you the recipe of a wonderful vegetarian version of a classic Spanish dish.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour
Serves : 4
- 8 Ripened Plum Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Saffron threads
- 1 Large Bulb fennel, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 Baby Artichokes, trimmed and halved
- 1 Large Eggplant, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces Mushrooms, stemmed
- 2 1/2 cups short grain Paella rice
- 115g French Beans, cut into halves
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers, cut into strips
- Fresh Parsley, chopped, for garnishing
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celcius.
- Core the tomatoes, cut them into wedges and place in a medium bowl. Season with salt, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and toss well. Set aside for further use.
- Heat 1/4th cup olive oil in a 12 inch oven-proof skillet or a paella pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, paprika, cayenne and saffron, and season with salt. Cook stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, for around five minutes.
- Add the fennel wedges and cook until lightly brown on one side. Flip the fennel and add the baby artichokes and eggplant to the skillet. Cook until slightly tender, for around four minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for one to two minutes.
- Stir in the rice and salt, add around 2-3 cups of water to cover the rice completely.
- Increase the heat to high and boil for 2-3 minutes. Scatter french beans and two tablespoons of capers over the rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and arrange the tomatoes on top. Drizzle with tomato juice.
- Transfer the paella to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Scatter the rest of the capers and the piquillo peppers over the paella.
- Turn off the oven but leave the paella inside to continue cooking until the rice is tender, for around 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.
Urban Platter Italian Arborio Rice, 200g (buy online on Amazon).
So friends, hurry up and try this yummy recipe at home today.
Keep eating. Keep enjoying. 😀