Hello ladies 😀
Pregnancy is the best period for all the ladies in their lives. Its a most beautiful experience a woman can have. It is very important to be fit during pregnancy and at the same time, one has to be very careful exercising during pregnancy to avoid any harm to the baby and the mother.
Caution : Follow the below exercises only after consulting your doctor.
Here are some tips for exercising and some exercises that can be followed during pregnancy :-
- During pregnancy, your joints become looser and your centre of gravity moves forward, so avoid strenuous activities such as running, squash and shopping.
- Always do exercises that are specially designed for pregnant women. With your doctor’s or midwife’s approval, you can do stretching and conditioning exercises throughout your pregnancy if you do not have any complications.
- Swimming, walking and stationary cycling are all good exercises if you do not do them too strenuously. Avoid any sport that could lead to a blow on your abdomen.
- You can jog if you are accustomed to it, but watch out for back strain. Drink plenty of water and do not get overheated or overtired.
- Here is a pelvic exercise to strengthen your abdominal and back muscles. Lie flat on your back, knees bent, feet comfortably apart. Rest your hands on your lower abdomen. Inhale and press your lower back against the floor. As you exhale, gently pull in with your abdominal muscles, squeeze your buttocks and raise your pelvis from the waist, all the while keeping your upper back on the floor. Return to the flat position, inhale and repeat the exercise uo to 10 times. You can also do bent-leg-curl-ups.
- After the fourth month, add this cat-stretch exercise to your routine. Kneel with your buttocks resting on your heels, your torso folded over your knees, your forehead resting on the floor, and your arms stretched out in front of you. Inhale. Then exhale raising your hips into the air and sliding your chest and arms forward as you do so. Gently press your chest down, keeping your hips still. Resume the original position. Repeat 5 times.
- The exercise to tone your pelvic muscles can be done as long as you are comfortable. Sit on the floor, legs crossed, back straight (against a wall if you like), and hands draped loosely over your knees. Close your eyes, relax your jaw, and tighten the vaginal muscles deep inside your pelvis. Hold for 5 seconds and release. Repeat 5 to 10 times. Do 30 to 40 repetitions per day. If you are not able to sit as suggested, you can do it while queuing in the bank, or at the bus stop, sitting at a desk or lying on the bed.
- If you experience swelling in your legs and ankles due to water retention and increased weight, avoid high-heeled shoes and do not cross your legs when you sit. To counter the condition, do ankle circles. Lie on your back with your knees bent, raise one leg perpendicular to the floor, the knee slightly bent, rotate your ankles 5 times in each direction. Repeat with the other leg.
Keep your legs raised off the floor as much as you can throughout the day, by placing them on a chair or stool. Try to keep them positioned slightly above heart level for atleast 2 hours a day.
Be Happy. Be Healthy. 😀